Today was the beginning of spa week. With one exception, the day went EXACTLY as planned! For the food, I wrote out the day’s menu the night before. My idea was to only serve myself food that you would find at a top spa. No junk, nothing with preservatives, no sugar free candy or microwave popcorn. VERY minimal sugar and wheat. Extra attention to vegetables. I will be using the occasional splenda… Here’s the day’s menu:
- Breakfast: my blueberry scone, made with gluten free flour.
- Pre-walk snack: Non-fat greek yogurt with homemade granola.
- Lunch: Vicky’s red lentil and rice salad (LOVE) and tomatoes.
- After-swim snack at Starbuck’s: Vicky’s fig bars and (here’s the indiscretion) a small mocha frapuccino (I was supposed to have coffee.)
- Dinner: Spaghetti sauce over veggies.
- Dessert: Roni’s ‘Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip.‘
Noah and I took an hour and a half hike today. Pre-medicated with ibuprofen, the legs held up fine. Did some stretches and floor exercises when we got home. I dilly dally’d a bit too long after lunch, but headed out to the gym and got in half an hour of running in the pool and swimming. Once again those “tiny bubbles” felt fantastic after the swim! After relaxing at Starbuck’s, I headed home, where I took the three dogs for a pre-dinner stroll.
Today was just the first day, and I am happy with the amount of exercise I did, and the food that I ate. This week I won’t be doing a lot of quilting that requires creative thought–that takes another type of energy! But I have a few projects that are ‘mindless’ and they are perfect for times like this.
And now for the final spa “activity,” I am going to work at becoming one with the couch.