Its Friday. Wow. That’s about all I’ve got to say around here. My hand is fine. In fact, if I had a third hand, I’d really have this whole recovery thing down pat. Haven’t quite got a handle on the ‘feeling sorry for myself’ bit.
Anyway, after feeling morose for the better part of two days, I thought maybe I’d try to count my blessings?
1. A storm came in last night, and THE FLIES are gone!
2. I can still walk. And I am. I’ve taken a walk every day this week, except the actual day of surgery. Woo hoo for me. Noah is especially thrilled, because he is getting pretty tired of the grumpy me.
3. I am within 50 points of my bronze award on the Presidential Champions Challenge! I’ve earned almost 40,000 points since April 27. I guess I’ll keep going and try to get to the silver, and maybe even the gold. Its a fun way to keep track of my exercise.
4. For now I am the high bidder on a set of colored pencils on ebay. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.
5. I found a bunch of new free Dog Whisperer episodes to watch on the computer via National Geographic.
6. ‘They’ are still paying me to stay home! Amazing.
7. Noah is still white, Sophie still loves me, and Mr. Monk is ever faithful.
I know there are a lot more serious things to be thankful for. I just thought I’d share the silly things that make me smile in between being grouchy.